COMM 335 Practice Exercises 10 McGaan
The following arguments contain claims and grounds. You must infer and write out the warrant and label it by type (i.e. analogy, cause, definition, etc.). Then create/ indicate an appropriate qualifier, reservation, and backing for this argument.
1. Al Gore received more votes than George Bush in the presidential election of 2000; therefore, he probably should have won.
2. Given the shuttle disaster, NASA should abandon the manned space program.
3. We should have never been involved in Vietnam because it was a civil war which had no direct bearing on our national interests.
4. Unless the car is out of gas, the reason it won't start must be a dead battery.
5. DNA testing evidence should not be allowed in court because no technology is ever completely reliable.
last updated 9/15/2005