Checklist for CAMWS State/Provincial Vice-Presidents
- contact state/provincial organizations either by mail or, preferably, in person with
information about CAMWS membership, scholarships, brochures, CPL grants, CPL Promotional
Activity award, etc.
- determine Latin programs in the state/province where openings are anticipated or program
- contact the foreign language liaison at the State Board of Education to determine
pending issues related to foreign languages in general and Latin in particular
- target potential applicants for CPL grants and encourage them to apply
- create a list of expert high school teachers willing to speak to college students about
careers in high school Latin teaching, sponsoring such events, putting testimonials on the
- identify the Latin teacher programs and their coordinators in your state/province and
obtain statistical information about their graduates
- monitor status of vacancies and programs in jeopardy
- send list of expert high school teachers to your regional vice-president by Feb. 1st.
- prepare report on state of Classics in your state/province for regional VP by March 1st
This report should summarize the state of Classics in your state/province with particular
emphasis on CAMWS activities like CPL grants and the CPL goals for 2000-2001.
- set a goal of at least one CPL grant application from your state/province by April 1st
NOTE: This website is maintained by CPL Chair, Tom Sienkewicz, at Monmouth College, Monmouth, Illinois. If you have any
questions, you can contact him at email@example.com.
to the CPL Homepage