CLAS210 Ancient Literature: Love Poetry
Sample Map Quiz
CYPRUS / KNOSSOS / CRETE / LESBOS / PAROS / THASOS / RHEGIUM / TEOS / SARDIS / ATHENS / SAMOS / BOEOTIA / CYRENE / ROME / SYRACUSE / COS / VERONA / ALEXANDRIA
Directions: Identify each place from the list above.
1. Island home of Sappho.
2. Anakreon spent the last years of his life here.
3. Birthplace of Catullus.
4. Location of famous library and center of Helenistic culture.
5. Home of Theokritus.
6. Kallimachos was born here.
7. Homeland of Korinna.
8. Island home of Archilochos.
9. Home of Ibykos.
10. Both Anakreon and Ibykos lived here at the court of Polykrates.
Directions: Find the answers to Part I on the map provided.
List of Places you should know for this quiz.
This material has been published on the web by Prof. Tom Sienkewicz for his students at Monmouth College. If you have any questions, you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Monmouth College Department of Classics Homepage