Study Questions for Chapter 2 of Ramage
1. How long did Rome have a citizen army?
2. What the major flaw in the army was a major contributing factor to the fall of the Roman Republic?. Why?
3. Describe the organization of the Roman army.
4. What can you learn about the Roman army from the Vindolanda table on pg. 40?
5. How did Romans celebrate their military successes?
6. Discuss some of the equipment used in the Roman army.
7. What can we learn about life in Roman military camps from surviving tombstones, memorials and letters?
8. Describe Hadrianís Wall. What does this structure suggest to us about Roman engineering?