Forum Romanum #2
Hannibal ad Portas
- About whom does the quaestio hodierna ask?
- What news does Favonius say has just been
received in Rome?
- How does Favonius describe the mood in the city?
- What has happened so far to all the Roman leaders who have fought
- Where does Julia Pauliís interview take place?
- Whom does she interview and why?
- How does this person describe Hannibal?
- What was his opinion of Roman military efforts against Hannibal?
- Where are Flaminius and Aemilius Paulus now?
- What is more important to Fabius than Italy? Why?
- What does Fabius think should be done to deal with the present
- What does Julia call Fabius? What do you think this cognomen means in
- What sort of man does Favonius think Hannibal is?
- What is the weather in Italy today?
- To which gods does Serenus pray and why? What do these gods have to do
with the weather?
- What is the weather in Carthage today?
- Where does Serenus say Hannibal was before he cross the Alps into
- What is the Latin answer for the quaestio hodierna? What does
this mean in English?
- What are the dicta hodierna? What do they mean in English?
- Map work: Find the following places. Alpes, Hispania, Carthago, Mare
These questions for the National Latin Exam Forum
Romanum Series were prepared by Tom
Sienkewicz of Monmouth College.