1. About whom is the quaestio hodierna?
2. What is the news of the day?3. What day is
4. Besides the Aeneid, what else has Vergil written?
5. Where did Vergil fall sick?
6. What did Augustus say to Vergilís friends?
7. Whom does Julia Pauli interview?
8. What does this person say about Vergil?
9. What was his relationship with Vergil?
10. What is his favorite verse in the Aeneid?
11. What does he suggest is the main point of the Aeneid?
12. On a scale of one (lowest) to five (highest),
how does he rate this poem?
13. What is the weather in Italy today?
14. What does Serenus say many people are doing in Rome today?
15. Where does Serenus say Vergil is buried?
16. What does Serenus say he would like to be able to do?
17. What was the answer to the quaestio hodierna?
18. What is the dictum hodierum?
19. What does it mean in English?
20. Find the following places on the map:
Gallia Cisalpina, Brundisium, Neapolis, Troia.
These questions for the National Latin Exam Forum Romanum Series were prepared by Tom
Sienkewicz of Monmouth College.