#21 Spectatores, Plaudite
Favonius begins with a preview of today’s program. What does he say
is going to happen?
What is the dictum hodierum? What does it mean in English?
3. What is happening today in Rome?
3. At what location in Rome is Julia Pauli reporting?
4. Who is Titus Ambivius Baro?
5. What does Julia want him to talk about?
6. What does Baro do first?
7. How would you describe the way that Baro and Flaccus talk to
8. Briefly describe the plot of the play which Baro and Flaccus
9. What role does Flaccus play?
10. How does Julia react to this performance?
11. List three plays of Plautus mentioned by Serenus.
12. What is the weather like in Rome today?
13. Why is Apollo happy?
14. Where is it raining?
15. What does Aulus Serenus mention about the comedian Terence?
16. What is the weather forecast for Rome tomorrow?
17. What events does Scirtus say took place in the Campus Martius
18. What play did Scirtus see?
19. What is Scirtus’ opinion of Roman comedy?
20. Map Work. Campus Martius, Forum Romanum, Capitolium, Palatinum.