1. What is the dictum hodierum? What does it mean in English?
2. What is the news of the day?
3. Where is Julia Pauli? What is happening there?
4. How does Julia introduce Crescens?
5. What is Crescens opinion of the games in general? Which event does he prefer?
6. Which Greek contests does Crescens not like? Why?
7. What is Crescens’ opinion of the gladiators fighting in these games?
8. In particular, Julia and Crescens talk about a gladiator named Celadus Thrax. What does Crescens say about Celadus?
9. Julia asks Crescens about the lives of gladiators. What does he say?
10. What do the spectators do when a gladiator is wounded?
11. Where is Crescens from and how many gladiatorial fights has he had in his career?
12. What is the weather like in Rome?
13. Where is it snowing?
14. What is the weather like in Greece?
15. Scirtus reports the results of today’s games. Who won in wrestling? Who won the music contests?
16. How many gladiatorial matches were there? Name one of the gladiators who died.
17. What kind of event did Felix participate in?
18. Which emperor sponsored these games?
19. Whom does Favonius thank at the end of the newscast?
20. Map Work Find the following places on the map: Alpes, Olympia, and Lusitania.