Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero
Pulsanda tellus . . . .
Get CONNECTED to
for LATIN CERTIFICATION
• New secondary education program in Classical & Modern languages added to NLU’s M.A.T. listings.
• Be a Part of the Solution to the National Shortage of trained Latin teachers.
MASTER COURSE INFORMATION:
• Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
The Master of Arts in Teaching degree is designed for students with bachelor’s degrees in fields other than education. The M.A.T. emphasizes entrance requirements to the teaching profession and provides basic certification in elementary, early childhood education, secondary education or special education learning disabilities/behavior disorders in the State of Illinois.
This M.A.T. program features a methods course (3 hrs.) which addresses context specific needs of Latin teachers.
• Classical Language Methodology
The course, intended for students preparing to be certified as secondary school teachers (middle school and high school), addresses the content, approach and methodology of Latin teaching as it pertains to the National Standards for the Teaching of Classical Language. The primary focus is to combine the findings of modern linguistic theory with that of current reading theory to construct a teaching framework for facilitating the development of syntactic and reading expertise in a learner-centered environment.
B.A. in Latin (major or minor)
Passing score (70%) on Latin entrance exam (administration to be arranged by applicants)
• Call NLU (847/475-1100, ext. 5151) for entry in certification database.
• Call either Rickie Crown (847/441-5270 — email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Elisa Denja (847/965-3259) for Latin specific information.
• Call Carol Porter (847/465-0575, ext. 5180) for secondary ed. information.
GUESS WHAT? National-Louis University in Evanston is beginning a MAT program in secondary education which offers Latin certification.
Would you be willing to take a student teacher in your Latin classroom sometime in the future? If so, e-mail the following information to Rickie Crown & Elisa Denji at Rcrown@nl.edu. We will contact you as we have candidates seeking placement.
LEVEL of LATIN