The Murder of Regilla: a case of domestic violence in antiquity by Sarah B Pomeroy (Harvard University Press, 2009)
Book Review Questions
1. Begin by giving a brief overview of the review and its place of publication. What is the intended audience?
2. Who is the author? What are his/her qualifications?
3. What are the distinctive features of this particular reviw of Regilla (compared to other reviews)?
4. What is the author's opinion of the book? Why?
5. What is your opinion of the author's review?
Do you agree or disagree and why?
Magill's Literary Annual 2008 (Salem Press), 495-499.
Pomeroy, Sarah B. The Murder of Regilla: A Case of Domestic
Violence in Antiquity. Reviewed by Thomas J. Sienkewicz
Historian Winter 2009, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p914-915. By John Lawless
Clark, Anna. Journal of Women's History. Fall2011, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p193-202. See print copy in Hewes Library
Some Brief Reviews
Connolly, Joy. TLS. 4/11/2008, Issue 5480, p9-9
Some Web-based Reviews
UNRV History Review
http://www.unrv.com/book-review/the-murder-of-regilla.php. Reviewed anonymously by “Bryaxis Hecatee”