Active Chapters of Eta Sigma Phi are invited to submit bids to host the 84th Annual National Convention in 2012. These bids will be reviewed by a committee at the 2010 convention at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia (April 9-11, 2010). The 2012 convention site will be chosen by the membership at the 2010 convention. At least one active member of the chapter submitting a bid must attend the 2010 convention. Note: The location of the 2011 convention will be in Austin, Texas.
The convention begins with a reception on a Friday evening and ends at noon on Sunday with a final business session. There will be talks by students, reports on chapter activities, scholarly lectures, a cert amen, a banquet and time for socializing. The host chapter will be responsible for:
· selecting a hotel
· designing a convention t-shirt or other appropriate souvenir
· arranging for the Friday reception
· preparing a welcome packet and registration materials, including a program
· staffing the registration desk
· arranging for transportation between the hotel and the campus (if necessary)
· supplying facilities (and A/V equipment, when necessary) on campus for the Saturday morning meeting
· providing lunch on Saturday and brunch on Sunday
· organizing appropriate cultural activities for Saturday afternoon
· identifying a speaker for the Saturday evening banquet
A bid consists of:
Chapters intending to bid for the 2012 convention are encouraged to contact the Executive Secretary prior to the 2010 convention to discuss their plans: Thomas J. Sienkewicz, Executive Secretary of Eta Sigma Phi, Department of Classics, Monmouth College, 700 East Broadway, Monmouth, IL 61462; Phone: 309-457-2371 ; Fax: 815-346-2565; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.