Active Chapters of Eta Sigma Phi are invited to submit bids to host the 84th Annual National Convention in 2013. These bids will be reviewed by a committee at the 2011 convention at the University of Texas at Austin (March 25-27, 2011). The 2013 convention site will be chosen by the membership at the 2011 convention. At least one active member of the chapter submitting a bid must attend the 2010 convention.
The convention begins with a reception on a Friday evening and ends at noon on Sunday with a final business session. There will be talks by students, reports on chapter activities, scholarly lectures, a certamen, a banquet and time for socializing. The host chapter will be responsible for:
· selecting a hotel
· designing a convention t-shirt or other appropriate souvenir
· arranging for the Friday reception
· preparing a welcome packet and registration materials, including a program
· staffing the registration desk
· arranging for transportation between the hotel and the campus (if necessary)
· supplying facilities (and A/V equipment, when necessary) on campus for the Saturday morning meeting
· providing lunch on Saturday and brunch on Sunday
· organizing appropriate cultural activities for Saturday afternoon
· identifying a speaker for the Saturday evening banquet
A bid consists of:
Five copies of the bid will be submitted to the convention committee at the 2011 convention.
Chapters intending to bid for the 2013 convention are encouraged to contact the Executive Secretary prior to the 2010 convention to discuss their plans: Thomas J. Sienkewicz, Executive Secretary of Eta Sigma Phi, Department of Classics, Monmouth College, 700 East Broadway, Monmouth, IL 61462; Phone: 309-457-2371 ; Fax: 815-346-2565; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.