We feel privileged to have been given the opportunity to bring such a renowned group of scholars together for the workshop at the Annual Meeting of the Archaeological Institute of America:
- Todd Brenningmeyer, Maryville University
- Kevin Glowacki, Texas A & M University
- Christopher Ratté, University of Michigan
- Wayne Rupp, Florida State University
- Christina Salowey, Hollins University
We extend our special thanks to each of these scholars for the work that they have done in preparation for this conference. It is a rare opportunity to bring scholars with such diverse specializations together, and we hope that the reverberations of our conversations on a cold afternoon in Chicago will make an impact on the future of teaching archaeology.
Special thanks also go to:
Student Affairs Interest Group (SAIG) of the Archaeological Institute of America who sponsored the Workshop and supported the organizers in their efforts.
- Julia Sienkewicz (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) for her extensive knowledge of pedagogy and her keen editorial eye.
- Tom Sienkewicz (Monmouth College), for agreeing to host the website through the web portal of the Western Illinois Chapter of the A.I.A.
- Todd Brenningmeyer and Wayne Rupp deserve a second “Thank You” for stepping in at the eleventh hour and saving us from doom.