|Course Description||Lecture Syllabus||Lab Syllabus||Assign. Due Dates|
|Course Assignments||Lecture Notes||Lab Notes||Training Resources|
Once you have received approval from the Company to proceed with development of your proposed training package, you are ready to get to the actual design of a communication training program. The following steps may prove useful.
1. Continue (and perhaps expand/broaden) your efforts to develop expertise in your area. Add to your bibliography. Make sure that every member of the team has read some common, basic texts in your area. Now is the time to also do reading dealing with the business of training and training design. Take a look at resources dealing with training/learning methods such as: games, role playing, simulations, etc. Use the pathfinder provided by the library staff.
2. Outline tentative training modules. Outline the content of each tentative module. Be sure that you have linked specific objectives to activities in each module as appropriate. Look at overall objective and review revise preliminary modules.
3. Using your outline of module content and objectives, select training methods which best meet the objectives. Then develop complete module descriptions showing how these methods will work. Remember that motivational feedback and evaluation are important in each module as well as at the end of the program.
4. Develop time schedules and deal with other practical matters (e.g. location, logistics, etc.)
5. Meet with the President to discuss progress (at least 10 days prior to final product demonstration).
6. Develop a 1 hour demonstration of your training program to be presented to The Company.
7. Develop overall training evaluation and feedback procedures.
8. Prepare training materials (handouts, visual aids, AV material, etc.) for the demonstration.
13. Write the final "Communication Training Product Report." (see below)
14. Conduct a 1 hour training demonstration for The Company and submit final report (2 copies - one print and one electronic).
15. (Receive bonus or pink slip)
COMMUNICATION TRAINING - PRODUCT REPORT
The contents of the product report will be as follows:
3. Trainees and Objectives -
4. Program Outline - Present each
training module/unit. The modules
should be presented in order, one at a time.
Each module will have three distinct, labeled sections:
5. Training Evaluation - Present a description of those methods you will use to assess the effectiveness of the training program and obtain feedback from the client. Evaluation procedures for the module demonstrated should be detailed and included in the demonstration.
6. Bibliography - Cite all resource materials used in the development of the project.
Appendixes - Include the 1 page outline of the module presented to The Company at the demonstration (copies should be distributed to all employees) and descriptions or samples of training materials to be used (e.g. handouts, AV material, feedback forms, etc.)
NOTE: the first sections of the final product report will be very similar to the first sections of the written materials used in the initial product presentation ( pitch).
Submit TWO copies of the final, written product report - one hardcopy and one electronic copy (in a single Word file) by the due date.
COMM Portfolio Requirement Guidance
This assignment, including both written and oral portions, is related to the following COMM Major Learning Outcome Goals:
If you intend to save this assignment for potential use in your COMM Professional Portfolio, you will need to save …
last updated 3/2/2015